The Alhambra Theatre, Dunfermline are seeking to recruit a Director, for their upcoming major production of Sleeping Beauty.
The Alhambra Theatre continually strives to produce an annual pantomime with very high production values and as good as any in the major cities.
The successful candidate will need to show flexibility in their approach.
Rehearsal dates, Monday 19th November – 6th December, performances from 7-29th December.
• adapting a script and working with the writer or collaborating with playwrights;
• breaking down the script, analysing and exploring the content and conducting relevant research;
• translating and interpreting a script or musical score;
• holding auditions for performers, selecting and hiring designers, dancers etc .;
• managing time and organising people and space;
• attending production meetings with set designers;
• organising rehearsals;
• communicating and liaising with all parties involved, including producers, actors, the creative team, and the production team
• attending preview performances and preparing detailed notes for the cast and creative and production teams;
• helping to publicise the production by giving interviews and leading discussions.
The successful candidate will need to show:
• an ability to express yourself both orally and in writing and to be creative, persuasive and prepared to take artistic risks;
• excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills;
• self-motivation and the ability to motivate and inspire others;
• teamworking and time management skills;
• awareness and understanding of technical issues, the workings of a theatre and the process of performance and acting;
• ability to develop innovative ideas and to solve problems creatively and practically;
• organisational and research skills;
• knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures;
• dedication and enthusiasm.
Please send CVs with a covering letter in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org -
Technical Stage Manager
The Alhambra Theatre, Dunfermline is looking for an experienced Technical Stage Manager, for their upcoming major production of Sleeping Beauty.
This production of Sleeping Beauty is the Alhambra Theatre’s eighth professional pantomime, a large scale production with an experienced pantomime cast, of stage and screen. The Alhambra Theatre continually strives to produce an annual pantomime with very high production values.
Rehearsal dates, Monday 19th November – 6th December, performances from 9th-29th December.
Please send CVs with a covering letter to email@example.com - experience is essential for this position.